†30stm,A7x,Blink182,Good Charlotte,Green Day,My Chemical Romance,Panic!,Simple Plan,Tokio Hotel

Biografia Funeral For A Friend

« Older   Newer »
frankiero
icon1  view post Posted on 25/6/2007, 12:03

nome:funeral for a friend
Funeral for a Friend are a Welsh Post-Hardcore band, signed to Atlantic Records.Originally called January Thirst, however when one of the original vocalists Gethin Pearson quit in December 2001, Matthew Evans (vocals) and Johnny Phillips (drums) invited Matt Davies to try out for the vacant singer position. Soon after Davies joined, the band changed the name to Funeral for a Friend.

During the start of the New Year they parted ways with second guitarist Kerry Roberts (Kris Coombs-Roberts's brother) and found a suitable replacement in Darran Smith (ex-Tripcage). The band recorded four tracks at Mighty Atom Studios for a proposed self financed EP with another Welsh band From This Moment On. Upon hearing the tracks, Mighty Atom Records approached the band and offered a two album deal, resulting in their debut EP, Between Order & Model (2002).

Gareth Davies from the band is renowned for making young girls cry before his gigs.

In 2003, Funeral for a Friend recorded their second EP, Four Ways to Scream Your Name, which was produced and mixed by Colin Richardson. Both EPs are currently out of print and highly sought after by fans of the band.

In mid-2003, the band secured their first Kerrang! award, winning the award for "Best UK Newcomer," beating The Darkness, who won in all other nominated categories. Funeral for a Friend's win was largely attributed to their fervent fan base, as the awards winner was decided by public vote online at the official Kerrang! Web site.

Edited by Gabr!ella - 9/7/2007, 18:16

kill.me.sweetly
view post Posted on 9/7/2007, 17:13

si chiamano Funeral for a friend non funeral for a friends!
io ho il loro album Hours mi pare si chiami beh è abbastanza carino

Gabr!ella
view post Posted on 9/7/2007, 17:16

che culo sta volta nn è colpa mia..

kill.me.sweetly
view post Posted on 9/7/2007, 18:14

lol

3 replies since 25/6/2007, 12:03   159 views